Saturday 25 December 2010

The Wonderous Thing Called Hope

Sitting here at midnight of what is now Christmas Day watching The Holiday. I know it's cliche and fake and contrived buuuuuut it's making me feel a bit better about the future.

I want a guy like that. As funny as Jack Black, and as perfect as Jude Law.

Jude Law's pretty hot. And the way he acts with the kids is pretty cute. Shame about the cheating thing though.

Maybe 2011 will bring me better luck in that department hey? Someone who gives as much as I give and appreciates what I give him. (Or her. Never say never.) Who knows. All I know, is that I don't know what's ahead. And that's enough to keep hoping.

I wouldn't call this festive cheer, but I do feel much better than I have in a while. A single moment of clarity. As refreshing as a cool drink on a humid day. And it's nice. Much better than nice.

Oh they're eating sushi. I want sushi. If I could only have one single meal for the rest of my life, it would be sushi. Or just the wide range of Japanese. I mean, sashimi, sushi, ramen, udon, tempura... By God, yes yes yes. Although if I only have it as frequently as I do now I'd probably die from starvation.

But yes Kate Winslet, tell that using bastard who doesn't give a toss about you to shove his glorified face up a certain place where the sun don't fucking shine. You can do so much better than a spineless git who's either shrewd and manipulative and knows what he's doing, or is so clueless he doesn't really know what he's doing. I'm not entirely sure which is worse.
'I don't want to lose you.'
That sounds familiar.

Tell him to fuck off. That's right, start freaking out and getting angry at him. Good. He was a sleaze anyway.
That's not really the way I would've phrased it. But nevertheless, good on you.
Oh running in heels are we? Well done. LBDs are always a good way to go.

Hehe, my text message ringtone is currently the sound effect from Super Mario Bros where he grows from touching the mushroom. Love it. The geek in me definitely does.

Awwww, end of the movie? Everyone looks so lovely and happy.

Definitely have to spend New Years in Leeds at some point. London this year, somewhere else next year, somewhere else the next, and so on.

And switch over to Underworld Evolution? Kate Beckinsale? Hell yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment