Monday 27 December 2010

Jumble

Finally caught up with the latest episode of Bones. And it is by far one of the most memorable one. An episode where Brennan becomes emotional and subjective with the case? It was an interesting twist in the plot. But the end was so heart-wrenching, I feel like I've just lost a little bit of hope in life.
For anyone who doesn't watch Bones (spoiler alert). Basically Brennan is a female forensic anthropologist who works with a male FBI agent to solve murders and whatnot. I'm sure it's pretty obvious the male-female dynamic. But she's too logical and distrusting to allow a relationship to happen so when he confessed his feelings she rejected him. And it's taken her til this season to gather up the courage to do the same. Except he now has a beautiful girlfriend (who makes me feel rather small in comparison) who he's in love with. So kids moral of the story is take the risk. Always take the risk.

Sorry just felt the need to write that.
I've had a pleasant two days, thank you for asking. Christmas day was uneventful. Boxing day my family and I went sale shopping and in addition to the lovely coat my mother bought me, I bought some lovely items like a new dress and two pairs of shoes thanks to the encouragement of Tijana and Lee. Thanks guys, no need to remember I'm a uni student who's struggling financially. But ah well, it's only Christmas once a year right? (Must remember to ban myself from spending for the next six months) 
It was really nice to see them actually, Tijana's actually the oldest best friend I've got now that I think about it but we go through long periods that we don't see each other. I think we managed over a year at one point. But we always manage to talk straight off as if that period never happened which I'm very proud of. Because it signifies that the two of you are comfortable enough with each other to let each other have space and yet still retain the things in common that made you friends in the first place. Well, either that or you're both sociopaths who don't particularly care. I'm going to go with the first one though if that's okay.

Things aren't great at the moment. There's a lot of change occurring in the near future and I'm definitely not liking it. But we all make do right? Somehow.
After founding out I failed my exam, a small but powerful idea has been implanted in me that's causing immense hysteria in my inner realms. It's causing me to panic about whether I'll be able to complete my degree at all. For those who don't know, for me when I say fail I don't usually mean below 40%. I mean below 60%, so a 2.2 and below in uni terms. And I know it's irrational to fear not completing my degree, but in my whole 15 years of academic career, I've never doubted my abilities so much as now. Things just don't knock me out of loop like this. I hoped that maybe seeing it in writing will help. Hopefully.
But whilst that's taking effect I'll try and detach myself from my worries. They definitely won't help when I'm writing an essay for my cardio-respiratory physiology and pharmacology exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment