Sunday 12 December 2010

Reintroduction

Hey all, I'm back! I'm no stranger to the blogging world (no expert either) as I had a blog at achinasoul.blog.com which I really rather enjoyed writing. Up until the point where there was some form of stupid malware that adhered itself to my laptop and rendered it useless for just over a week. And as someone who basically spends their life on the computer (sad I know), this was pretty much hell for me. What with revision needed for a test in my last week of semester and the laptop needed to look at my lecture slides and notes - I nearly threw myself under the next speeding car. Yes folks, I am just too darn lazy to brave 5-10 minutes in the cold to get to the uni clusters. There's no guarantee they'd be free anyway.

So since my computer died, quite a lot has happened or feels that way at least. For one, I'm currently typing this from the bedroom where I grew up back down South in the middle of no-where known as East Sussex. And two... well, my laptop's fixed. That's pretty monumental in my life. Even better is, I - of all people - fixed it. Somehow miraculously. Don't ask me how. Something I did when I was twiddling with the OS reinstallation (for the third time) must've worked. Onward with revision!

Currently I am questioning my state of sanity when I booked my train tickets. I'm now not due to go back to Leeds until the 7th January. Absolutely barmy... Spend 4 weeks at home?? I have half a mind to change it and go back earlier... My romantic side of life is getting interesting at the moment. Or difficult depending on what way you look at it. I won't post it on here though as I learnt that people DO read your blog and DO find out what their birthday presents are if you post it on a public domain with a picture. Luckily they liked the present.

I am NOT looking forward to the amount of revision I am currently setting myself in my head for this month. After this term it feels like whatever I make will make very little difference in helping me succeed, after two failed interviews and a lab report I spent two and a half weeks on only earning 58 marks which is a high 2:2. Definitely not ANYWHERE near what I'm aiming for. Which is really frustrating because I know I'm capable of so much better than that. Either that or I'm deluded. Which I hope not.

I think it's safe to say my mood at the moment is restless and frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment