Monday 13 December 2010

Duvet Caterpillar

Allow me to type a blog whilst I procrastinate.

Despite the blog title, I am not wrapped up in my duvet with my books gathered round me. I merely wish I was. I'm currently downstairs in the dining room with an electric heater on my left and my books and notes sprawled sporadically across the table untouched. Unfortunately it is now 14:14 my laptop kindly informs me and yet I have failed to open a textbook or do anything particularly productive since sitting down at 10:30 this morning. I have downloaded all my lecture slides which although is productive because it means I'm up to date, it does not by any means equate to me KNOWING what is on those lecture slides. Which would be really rather helpful.

This is one of those times that I wish I could eat a book and immediately gain the knowledge it contains. OM NOM NOM NOM.

I know there's no point dwelling on the thought but I still can't get over the fact I've booked myself to stay down here for 4 weeks. 25 days to go... I even swore to myself that I'd definitely go back to Leeds for New Years Eve this year. Nope. Apparently I'm not. Still, going to London to spend it with Tashy is definitely much better than a consolation plan.

I miss James. It feels like since my laptop crashed that our communication has just dropped and he's just dropped off the radar. If anyone spots a bald guy in his mid 20s with a brummie accent perving on oriental girls please inform me of his whereabouts. He's a surprise. I've known him for over 5 years now. Blimey, it's been that long? But he's always been a good friend and only recently have we really got on like a house on fire - I guess it helps when they're there for you when you're going through a really tough time. I just enjoyed when we started a list of things that was going wrong for me. It just felt so surreal. But I'm not sure I really did thank him for all the support he gave me and the time he took to listen to me rant on the phone. Thanks love. It means a huge amount to me. And I do know you get down, and I'm sorry that you're having weird mood swings of late, but I'm here to listen if you ever need an ear.

How the South is 4 degrees colder than the North I will never be able to comprehend. I'm SO cold.
I'm just here looking out into the bleak looking garden, listening and singing along to The Script's new album. As pompous as their attitude is, their lyrics are actually pretty clever/meaningful/brilliant. Check out Science and Faith if you ever have the time to - I've listened to it like fifteen times on repeat now and belting it out loud to the dismay of my dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment